Wednesday, October 22, 2014

๐Ÿ’„ Bitch Perfect ๐Ÿ’„

Today I have an exciting new review on Charlotte Tilbury's lipstick line. This is my first experience with this brand and so far, I think it is fantastic! I recently purchased some Charlotte Tilbury products after a fellow YouTuber spiked my interest in her line. I trust his reviews, so I was quite pleased when Ms. Tilbury's line was made available in the US, so I could test them out. I ordered this product from Beautylish. (I've ordered from their company several times and have always been very pleased with the quality of the products they carry, the customer service, and the fast shipping. I use the Beautylish app on my cell phone.) 

This is my first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick, and let me just say, I'm in love with it! This is the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in, "Bitch Perfect". Let's just be honest, I half got it for the clever name! 


My pictures do not do the packaging justice. In the photos, it appears gold, but the case is actually a beautiful rose gold color. It feels heavy in the hand and very well made. These lipsticks are made in Italy. They are paraben-free, and is available in the US through Beautylish. This shade I ordered is the perfect, classy pink nude. It will not make you look washed out. Although I have fair skin, I do feel that this shade will flatter multiple skin tones. The formula is a bit reminiscent of some MAC creme sheen lipsticks, but with a much better quality to it. There is a bit more slip, so it applies smoothly to the lip without tugging the delicate skin. It also has less grittiness to it as well, and more staying power without being overly drying. It has a faint hint of vanilla, yet not enough scent to offend anyone who prefers an unscented product. On my lips, the formula feels hydrating. (I always exfoliate my lips and moisturize before applying any lipstick.)

The price is $32. It is a bit steep if you're on a budget, but it is a solid quality product that should give you many uses, so I feel it's a good investment in a very wearable color. On occasion, the skin around my mouth can be sensitive, but this product did not irritate me, so even though it's not advertised, I do think this would be safe for someone with sensitive skin/lips to use as well. It also provides UV protection.



"Bitch Perfect" has nice staying power as well and does not bleed or feather outside of the lipline. One application with a lip brush has lasted through a meal and several glasses of water without showing signs of wear. When it eventually does wear down throughout the day, it is uniform on the lips, without making you look splotchy or leaving behind a ring. 


        (Swatched on the hand.)


Overall, this is a quality product, and is worth the investment. I'd highly recommend Ms. Tilbury's K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick line. If you're looking to invest in a great, pink neutral that you can wear during the day, or use to compliment a smokey eye at night, "Bitch Perfect" is a lovely shade. It can also be layered for a more intense look. The light-diffusing pigments in it give off a beautiful, multi-dimensional sheen to the lips, and make your teeth look whiter as well.  (I applied it with a lip brush, Wayne Goss no. 2. I will do a separate review on his brushes; they are lovely!)


It is recommended that you apply this lipstick with a brush for a more precise application. However, I tested the product by applying it both from the bullet, and also with a brush. Both methods worked well, if you favor one over the other or find yourself in a time crunch.



(A bit of a side note. It's been a while since my last post, apologies! It was necessary to allow myself to rest as I've been very sick. Long story short, I've had two trips to the hospital this month, and I'm still not 100% just yet.Hopefully my posts will become more frequent as my health begins to improve though.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment