Monday, January 25, 2010

A Classic...

When I first started college back in the autumn of 2004, I was a Music Industry major (Recording Technology). I have grown up around music my entire life. It is one of the most amazing forces known to man. It has the power to move, the power to bring joy, inspiration, tears, and healing. Although I have a varied appetite for the music I enjoy, there are several poignant songs that stand out in my mind as classics.

In life, there are many songs: songs for happy days; songs for sad days. There are songs for heartbreak, and songs for love. Some songs are written to express anger and rage. Other songs inspire change, hope, and  healing. In my opinion, "Annie's Song" is a classic that describes how life and love should be. John Denver hit the nail on the head with this one. I think it is one of the most amazing love songs ever written. It moves, it makes you think, it inspires, and it describes how a loving relationship should be. It's not a one-hit wonder. It is not a frivolous song without substance that will be forgotten tomorrow. It is a song for all ages and all people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo





(Yes, I admit it people; I too can be cheesy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment