Monday, January 14, 2013

Paying it Forward: A way to show honor to the victims of Newtown

Today marks the one month anniversary of the Newtown tragedy that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. My heart still can not fathom the grief and pain that those precious families have endured. I didn't think it was appropriate to write a frivolous blog post today. Instead, I wanted to take a moment to say that, Newtown, you are not forgotten. Americans will continue to honor the memory and legacy of those precious lives that were taken too soon. My heart and prayers continue to be with all of the families that have been touched by this tragedy.

I think one of the best ways that we can show respect and honor the lives that were lost, is to go out of our way to show kindness towards others in our daily lives. Wouldn't it be terrific if the legacy of those lives that were lost, continue to live on through others around the country who pay tribute to them through acts of kindness?! What a lovely way to show love and hope! 

I hope that this blog post encourages you to think about something that you could do for a friend, a loved one, or even a stranger, and pay it forward today...and everyday. You never know what kind of positive difference you might make! 

I also encourage each of you to take a moment today and read over the list below. We should pause to remember the victims of this shooting, NOT glamorize the gunman. (His name does not deserve mention in this blog post.) The names that should be honored, cherished, and remembered are listed below. I encourage all of you to take a few moments out of your day to say a prayer for the families of each and every victim. Their lives deserve to be honored and remembered. Today, I dedicate my blog to their honor, and to their families as they try to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and move forward. I can not imagine what they are going through. What I can do however, is pray for them, show support, and try to impact my community and others in a positive way by honoring the legacy of the lives that were lost.

Today, I encourage you to pray for their families: 

Charlotte Bacon
Daniel Barden
Rachel Davino
Olivia Engel
Josephine Gay
Ana M. Marquez-Greene
Dylan Hockley
Dawn Hochsprung
Madeleine F. Hsu
Catherine V. Hubbard
Chase Kowalski
Jesse Lewis
James Mattioli 
Grace McDonnell
Anne Marie Murphy
Emilie Parker
Jack Pinto
Noah Pozner
Caroline Previdi
Jessica Rekos
Avielle Richman
Lauren Rousseau
Mary Sherlach
Victoria Soto
Benjamin Wheeler
Allison N. Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment