Monday, March 14, 2011

John 6:27

(Our homemade potato salad! Soo yummy!)



"Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal."
~John 6:27~

What a great verse! Every morning when I wake up I like to read a Bible verse; sometimes this is in the forum of  an application on my cell phone. This was the daily Bible verse for this morning and I thought it was quite appropriate! 

This week is my nephew Cooper's spring break, so he has been spending the night with me since Saturday. Last night/today we have been doing one of our favorite activities: Cooking (and laboring around the kitchen slicing, dicing, and all sorts of things, just having a great time). Last night we made my Aunt Syliva's homemade potato salad recipe and some smoothies. A little background on that potato salad recipe: my grandfather used to own a Kosher deli & meat market in the Memphis area years ago and this is the recipe that my Aunt Sylivia used to prepare for their customers! In addition to last nights recipes, this afternoon we started in on a homemade spaghetti and meatball recipe that I've been wanting to try out (Katie Lee's recipe). This recipe is fantastic and almost has a bruschetta taste to it; delicious! How appropriate is it that in the midst of our culinary adventures, we're reminded by God that we should also be focusing on the bigger picture. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment