Friday, March 11, 2011

New Fruit Topping!

So tonight I spoke with my Cousin Barton for a while. (He's actually my father's first cousin and like a second father to me). Among the myrid of our conversation pieces (dogs, politics, weather, and such) I mentioned that I had picked up some fresh fruit at the grocery store yesterday.(Since most of their produce left something to be desired, I decided on a pre mixed fruit cup that had strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.) He mentioned that my Aunt Sylvia used to mix sour cream and sugar together and put it on top of her fresh fruit. Being a recipe junkie, I thought I'd give it a try. It was delicious!!!!

So, new fruit topper recipe is simple:  I eyeballed my ingredients, but for reference it looks to be about 1 tablespoon Sour Cream + 1 teaspoon Sugar : mix it together and the voila! You have a delightful fruit topping that is to die for! I'm also thinking at if you add a pinch of vanilla, kaluah, vanilla liquor, or even orange juice to the mixture that it would be quite delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment