Thursday, September 8, 2011

A few of my latest make-up picks!

I'm dedicating this post to a few of my new favorite make-up products! Try them, enjoy them, love them!! 




1. NARS Wonder lip gloss. It's amazing, people! I saw several raves on youtube about this one and couldn't help but want to try it the last time I was in Sephora. At first I was slightly freaked out by the crazy orange tube. Have no fear though, because once you apply it, it's astonishing how flattering of a shade it is! It turns into the most beautiful hue of coral/peach. It's flattering on soo many skin tones too! I love how non-sticky it is and how long the color lasts too. It doesn't claim to be an extended wear product, but it definitely lasts for several hours longer than the lipstick I normally wear. It really is "Wonder"-ful! Try it out at Sephora!






2. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Mascara: It gives amazing volume and length without clumping, AND it's affordable! Love this stuff!! (I'm a bit of a mascara freak, I have tried just about everything from the super cheap to the somewhat pricy. This one preforms very, very well!). Try it out at Walgreens, Target, Ulta, Wal-Mart, Kroger, (you get the point, you can find this one just about anywhere!   (There are tons of coupons floating around for this one as well ;) Double that coupon with an Ulta store coupon (it's free to sign up online for their mailing list) and you can get it for practically no charge at all! )





3. Wet n' Wild Kohl Eyeliner Pencil: You seriously can not beat the color pigmentation in this product! It is a classic for a reason! The price on this little gem is also quite amazing! It's around $1 depending on where you shop! Try it at Walgreens, Kroger, and Ulta




4. Butter London's "Tea With The Queen" nail polish. Ladies you have got to try Butter's nail polishes at Ulta! I'm normally an O.P.I. / Essie devotee, but now that I've tried the Butter nail polish, I'm hooked! I only have one, but I will defintiely be trying more in the future! The shade that I have is called "Tea With the Queen". It is a gorgeous nude that is especially flattering on lighter skin tones. It does not streak when you apply it, it is extremely long lasting, and it does not chip easily! I love it!! (I also love that their nail polishes contain no Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate). There are no offensive nail polish fumes whatsoever to this product; how great is that?!) Try it at Ulta, Nordstrom, local beauty supply stores, and online.


5. Urban Decay Naked Palette: Yes, this one is seriously worth ALL of the hype YouTube and every magazine under the sun has been raving about! I was very sceptical at first, but I am so happy that my best friend talked me into this purchase (she had hers several months before I got mine and couldn't rave enough about it). Ladies, if you're into eye shadows at all, this is one of the best investments that you will ever make! The Naked palette is amazing and worth absolutely every single penny! Every color is extremely pigmented, goes on as smooth as butter, does not crease, and lasts all day long! These shades are absolutely beautiful and flattering on every single skin tone! In addition to the color palette, you also receive an eyeshadow brush and the Urban Decay Primer Potion (you apply it to your eyelids before you put on the shadow....it's amazing and really lengthens the wear-time! You don't have to use it with Urban Decay shadows though, I have a few Wet n' Wild palettes that are terrific too and I use it with those as well.) Try it at Sephora, Ulta, or online! (If you buy this from Ulta, don't forget to take your Ulta coupon with you and save a little money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment