Monday, September 12, 2011

What a Hoot!

  (This is seriously one of the most adorable things that I've ever laid eyes on! How stinkin' cute!!)


Yesterday was the last day of the Germantown Arts & Crafts Festival. By some miracle of God, I was able to talk my normally reclusive Momma into venturing out with me to the festival! It was quite fun too! I mainly went because I thought that surely the vendors would have a huge selection of Christmas ornaments....nope. There were only a few vendors selling them, and I've made cuter myself, so I held off my search and moved onto other things. That's when I realized one of my favorite local artists had a booth at the festival this year! Joy!! 


For those of you who do not know, Susan Hood is an amazing up and coming artist in the Mid-south area. Her canvas work is pretty awesome, if you ask me! She sells some of her items at Bella Vita under "Art by Susan". Check her out; hopefully you'll show a little love for local artists and buy a piece of her artwork! 


I was thrilled to see so much of her artwork today and to have the opportunity to meet her; she's very nice! I wound up taking home that cute little gem of a painting I posted above. (Those of you who know me well, know how much I love birds!) I decided to hang the owl painting right by my entry way door so that everyone who comes in or leaves can be greeted by its cheerfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment