Monday, February 25, 2013

Pinterest tested: hand scrub!

Pinterest Tested, Lydia Approved!

I recently decided to try out a hand scrub recipe that I found on Pinterest. Since I'm really enjoying it, I thought I would share it with all of you! This is supposed to be a dupe for Mary Kay's "Satin Hands", which I've used in the past and really enjoyed. While this is a very, very close dupe, it is not the exact same thing. Nonetheless, I still find it to work very well, smell terrific, and leaves my hands soft and clean. It is very simple to make and quite inexpensive too. I highly recommend it! 

Here is the link to the the blog post "recipe" I found via Pinterest. All credit goes to "One Good Things by Jillee"! : http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/make-your-own-gardeners-hand-scrub.html


What You'll Need:
-A jar with a lid
-White refined sugar
-Dawn Ultra Hand Renewal with Olay (The pink bottle in "Pomegranate Splash") 

(As far as the jar went, I just used a recycled Mason jar from the latest candle I finished. (Candles by Victoria candle in "Cinnamon Gingerbread Latte". If you'd like to see my review on that candle you can watch it here . If you'd like a tutorial on how to clean wax from candle jars, you can find that here. )

Once you have everything you'll need, you just fill your container 3/4 full with sugar, and then add in the soap the rest of the way. Stir slowly, until you reach a nice consistency. (You want it to be a nice paste consistency, not too runny.) That's all there is to it! It's that simple to make. :)

The next time I make this, I think I will experiment with adding in some moisturizing oils, and essential oils for fragrance. I think these would make terrific little homemade gifts if you decorate the jars a bit and add in a cute label to spruce things up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment