Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clinicals!!

Today (well, technically yesterday since it's now after midnight) was officially my first day of clinicals (Respiratory Therapy)! If today was any indication of my future career, I couldn't be happier with my choice! I love it; I love the people I'm working with and the kind staff at the hospital where I'm at! :)

So far, I think that the evening shift gets a good bit of action too! Although we had a little down time tonight at certain points, we were on the go for the most part. Today (under the watchful eye of my sweet preceptors) I got to: preform 13 breathing treatments, observe a bronchoscopy on a post-op patient, assist one of my preceptors with an arteral blood gas draw, and learned how to check the charts & run the ABG machine. It was soo fun!! I am excited to see what happens during the rest of my clinical time and can't wait to learn more with each new shift! I'm also hoping that I learn my way around the hospital quickly; it's easy to get lost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment