Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October Snapshots

Wow, time has flown; I can't believe that it's already November! I'm a little behind on my blog...ok a LOT behind on my blog! Time to catch everyone up to speed. After my heart surgery in August I had some pretty nasty complications (Phrenic Nerve Palsy and a collasped right lung- both complications from August's heart surgery). I spent most of September/October pretty darn sick. I'm just now starting to feel a little bettter, but still have a long way to go. I started pulmonary rehab Monday, I have a feeling that it will help a lot! I was also thrilled to see that one of my sweet preceptors at the hospital where I did my clinical rotation was one of my RT's; it was great to catch up a little! My doctors have said that if I heal up  it can take up to a year (there's a chance that it won't heal as well...it's just a "hurry up and wait" deal at this point. If I don't heal up on my own, there's a few things they can do at Vanderbilt to get me back on track breathing wise, so I'm just going to take it a day at a time and be positive. Eithor way, I know God has a plan and things will work out. In the man time, I'm enjoying spending time at home training the dogs, reading, cooking, and catching up on some guitar tabs and design work. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon so I can get back to my old crazy schedule of school/clinicals and life! :)


Anways, onto more exciting things! Here a quick snapshots from October's festivities!



    The pumpkins Jack and I carved with my nephew Cooper!





Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds- they didn't last a day before everyone ate them up lol

(ready to go into the oven)
(yummy finished product!)

Me and my nephew, Cooper




Jack and Cooper....goofy boys!





Jack and Me





On Halloween, I made brownies and homemade apple cider for Jack & I and we had a blast watching, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"

Homemade Apple Cider (I'll post the recipe soon!)




Brownies fresh out of the oven




And just in time for Thanksgiving...
"Tom the Turkey"
(more decoration pics to come!)


                                                                                 
















No comments:

Post a Comment