Thursday, November 8, 2012

That awkward moment when...

Sometimes, I feel like life presents me with a bit too much awkwardness on a fairly regular basis.I'm always THAT girl who bumps into things, walks into walls, laughs/smiles when I'm trying to keep something a secret, drops things, and so on. Yes, sometimes grace eludes me!

Take last night for instance: after grabbing a late dinner with my best friend, I came home to walk my dogs and then decided to go to the gym for a bit. Why did I want to go that late at night? Well, I think part of the notion for me was just the idea that I COULD if I wanted to. (Yep, I'm one of "those" people!)

So, I hoped in my car and off I went to get a little cardio in. Once I got back home, I walked my pups and then got my things out to take a shower. No sooner had I turned on the water and changed out of my clothes, than ALL of the power went out in my house. (Cue creepy slasher music!!!). It took me a few minutes (and a few bruises later) to find my towel and flashlight, but eventually the dogs and I made it to the window to see that all of the power was out throughout our entire neighborhood. Since I do not fancy slasher films or cold showers in the dark, I decided to wait it out a bit until the power came on. Needless to say, I was waiting ALL night because it didn't come back on until this morning. I'd also like to add that while my power was out, my smoke detectors decided to beep every few minutes throughout the night, thus alerting my dogs...who in turn alerted me that they didn't care for the high pitched noises! So needless to say, tonight I'll have some catching up to do in the sleep department. But, I was quite thankful this morning when the power came back on! Sometimes, it's the little things like utilities that we take foregranted! :)

Now, if only I could get my cable to reset without having to make an awkward phone call to Xfinity to fix  it every single time my power goes out.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment