Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Favorite Picks: Household Helpers!

Below are a few of my top household picks! Each of these items has helped to make my life much easier! I'd definitely recommend them all!

1. The Bissell Little Green: I'm clumsy and I have pets...enough said! This little carpet cleaner works like charm and keeps my carpet looking great!




2. Dyson DC17 Animal - I have owned mine for several years now and I have to say that it is worth its weight in gold!! I was a little sceptical at first. When I first got it, I took the dyson challenge- I vaccumed my home with my old vaccume cleaner and then vaccumed what I thought was a clean carpet with the new dyson. WOW! It's amazing how much crap the dyson picked up after I used my old vaccume cleaner! I wound up with 3 canisters full of the dirt,grime, and debris my old vaccume left behind. My dyson has been my favorite cleaning item ever since then! It has still continuted to work just as well as it did the day I got it several years ago. They're a little pricy (I recieved mine as a gift), but to anyone looking to buy a new vaccume cleaner, I'd highly recommend this guy- it's worth every penny! Mine gets a lot of use too! I try to vaccume daily since I have pets. It keeps my home looking great; you would never know I have dogs and cats when you look at the floors in my home!

3. Febreeze NOTICEables: I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! They are the only air freshners in my opinion that work all month long! I also love that the scents alternate so that my nose does not get "immune" to a certain scent. I never have to wonder if my airfreshner is working or not in my home! I also love that there are soo many yummy fragrances to choose from! Unlike other airfreshners that simply "add" more odors,etc to your home, these actually help eliminate bad odors and keep the air in your place smelling great!



4. Bleach Toilet Tabs- I think it's safe to say that none of us "enjoy" cleaning our toilets. I've found that the bleach toilet tabs keep my toilets sparkling clean and significantly increase the time I have in between cleanings! I personally haven't noticed a different from one brand to the next: Clorox, Tidy-bowl, The Works, the off brands...they all work about the same in my opinion. The best part is, they're all pretty inexpensive!


5. Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes- I LOVE these! They work amazingly well on all of my countertops and other surfaces in my home! I especially love the "scrubby" side of the wipe for stuck on stains and grime!


6. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I LOVE these! They are fantastic at cleaning everything from scuff marks on your walls, the tile in your shower, to the glass window on your toaster oven! These little things truly are magical!


7. Swiffer 360 Dusters! They're a breeze to use and they are amazing at trapping dust, pet hair, and grime!


8. Febreeze Fabric Refresher- Not only does this make your home smell delicious, it also comes in scents that match the Febreeze Noticables if you use those as well in your home! There are several different scents that I adore, so I love always having a variety! I also love that they neutralize odors and freshen the air.


9. Baking Soda & Lemon Juice- It's simple, it's cheap, it's easy, and it doesn't induce an asthma attack like some other tub/tile cleaners do! I can not stand shower/tile cleaners. Can't stand them! They stink to the high heavens and they always seem to cause an asthma attack for me (normally I don't have issues with that unless I'm around someone who smokes). A few years ago I tried using some natural alternatives that worked just as efficiently. That's when I discovered baking soda & lemon juice work fantastically together! You mix them together to form a bit of a paste then scrub your shower/whatever you need cleaned with it for a few minutes and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse! Sparkling clean and no harsh chemicals necessary! If you don't have time to mix it yourself, you can normally find a lemon/water after shower spray at most stores (even Dollar Tree sells it) that smells like clean lemon and keeps your shower looking nice. I use it after every shower/bath.
(Some people use white distilled vinegar for that as well, but I can't stand the smell - I do however use a small pinch of it in the rinse aid of my dishwasher when I'm out of Jet Dry!) If you don't have eithor lemons or baking soda, you can take a dryer sheet (the kind you'd use to do laundry with) and wet it with water then scrub your shower knobs/etc with it- it works soo well! Try it!
-You can also sprinkle a little baking soda on your carpet before you vaccume to help lift odors and it works well in litter pans too for those of you who own cats.
-lemons are great freshner- I love to put lemon (and other citrus peels) down my garbage disposal after I use my juicer...then I run water and turn the disposal on for a few seconds and it makes my kitchen smell amazing!

10. Swiffer Sweeper Wet Mopping Cloths- I love these things! I use them on the tile in my apartment and they work quite well! (I also like to use the dry cloths as well). If you have a Costco membership, their storebrand "kirkland" cloths work just as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment