Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday!




Life can get crazy sometimes. That's when it's a good idea to set aside a little time and dwell on what we're thankful for in life, instead of worrying over the negatives! Here's my list of some of the things that I'm thankful for today (in no particular order):

1. I'm thankful that there's food in my pantry and that I have the luxury of figuring out what I'm about to cook for dinner tonight...some people aren't that blessed, I try not to take it forgranted.

2. I'm thankful that I live in a much safer neighborhood now! It's amazing feeling like I don't have to carry a gun with me anymore when I walk my puppy at night!! (I'm also thankful that my new neighbors are sweet so far!) It's only been a little under two weeks since I moved in and I adore my new apartment.

3. I'm thankful that my puppy is doing soo well with his training! I can't wait for him to become a certified therapy dog and brighten other people's days us as much as he brightens up mine!

4. I'm thankful that for the most part, my new place is almost unpacked! (I'll try to take pictures soon)

5. I'm thankful that I had dinner with my dad last night...If you would have told me that I would be seeing him several times a week now,over a year ago I would have told you that you were smoking crack!  It's amazing how much he's changed and has tried to be there for me now. Such a blessing. I'm soo glad I choose to forgive him and let him back in my life :) It may have taken him over 24 years, but it's definitely better late than never!

6. I'm thankful for the delicious new Private Selection "Tropical Coconut Gelato" that Kroger is selling- ZOOMG it's good!!

7. I'm thankful for my new Costco membership my sister Kimmy talked me into getting. It paid for itself in my first trip there! I definitely love the savings.

8. I'm thankful that my car (even though it needs work) gets me from point A to point B!

9. I'm thankful that I got to see my cousins from Oklahoma this week for the first time since February!

10. I'm thankful that Jack always remembers to tell me I'm beautiful...even if I look like a mess and feel like one, he never neglects to tell me how much he loves me and that I'm pretty. He is soo good to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment