Monday, October 29, 2012

Make your vote count!

It's that time again...time to get out and make your vote count! 

Today, I stood in line for a little under two hours to early vote. I went in the evening, thinking the lines might not be as bad as mid-day. I was incorrect! So if you are planning to early vote, I highly recommend that you do it sooner rather than later, before the lines grow even longer. As far as I'm concerned though, that time I spent in line was very well worth it! I would much rather be greeted with a line of eager voters, than an empty building. The more people research, show concern and conviction, and participate, the better off we are as a nation. I am proud to live in a country that affords me the liberty to have a say in the elections. Above that though, I am so thankful and grateful to all of the brave men and women who fought to grant myself and others the right to vote. 

If you're reading this post today, I want to encourage you to make your vote count. Follow your convictions and beliefs, and vote for the candidates that you feel will best support your views and add to the quality of our nation. Do your research, and remember that this election is not only for the presidential candidates, but also the candidates running for your local/state offices and issues affecting your area.



No comments:

Post a Comment