Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brandi Carlile & Andy Hull of Manchester Orchestra....AMAZING CONCERT!!!

Those of you who know me well, know all about my extensive love for music! On that note, Brandi Carlile is one of my absolute favorite singer/songwriters! The music she creates is astoundingly beautiful. You can really feel the soul and passion that goes into her music when you hear her voice. This is one of the reasons I adore her so much! She is so, so talented! Not only does she have vocal chops that put many musicians to shame: she can play a mean guitar, hit out some awesome rhythms on percussion, tickle the ivory, and write the most incredible songs! That right there is my definition of a talented artist! Did I mention that during her show, she played everything from rock pieces to acoustic sets...she even did an outstanding A cappella number! Brandi also did a pretty awesome version of Bohemian Rhapsody that would have made QUEEN proud! I especially loved that she threw in a nice Johnny Cash tribute as well. My favorite part of the night was when Brandi and her band completely unplugged everything and came up to the front of the stage to sing an A cappella number. Not many musicians this day and age are willing to do that, and able are able to rock it out! She was awesome. (The acoustics in GPAC were just perfect for that sort of moment too...unforgettable!) 

The very first time I saw her was over 5 years ago when she was preforming at little Memphis bar called, Newby's back in 2007. I have been faithfully following her music ever since! It's been such an amazing experience watching a musician that I like so much really grow as an artist and expand her fan base. I had the opportunity to see her again on Sunday night, and took my sister Kimmy along with me! It was incredible to see Brandi go from playing a little bar like Newby's 5 years ago, to a completely sold out  house at the Germantown Preforming Arts Center. Kimmy and I were in the second row from the very back in the balconies. There was not a spare seat in the entire auditorium. I think it's safe to say that Brandi is definitely going to need a bigger venue the next time she comes back to Memphis! What can I say, Memphians know a great musician when they hear one! 

Below, I've posted a few pictures from Sunday night's concert! We had a lot of fun! (despite me having bronchitis and zero voice!) We started out with dinner at Exline's where we had the world's slowest waiter! We left with 5 minutes to spare, thankfully though we only had about a two minute drive to GPAC. When we finally arrived there, we magically lucked out and found the perfect parking spot waiting on us! We rushed to Will Call to grab our tickets, and then rushed up to balcony to find our seats. Andy Hull  of Manchester Orchestra opened up for Brandi Carlie; he did a fantastic job! Then, Brandi Carlile & her band played...and did they ever play! They were incredible. This was honestly one of  the best concerts that I've been to in ages! 



Waiting for the concert to start! So exciting!!!
 Pre-concert fun: I got Kimmy to smile! Yay! :)
Pre-concert fun: Kimmy's photography skills on me...
 Sister time! Getting ready to go to dinner and the concert!
 Andy Hull of Manchester Orchestra: He. Is. Incredible!
He has a new cd coming out in October: GO BUY IT! :D
 One of my absolute favorite singer/songwriters ever! It was such an amazing experience getting to see her again, 5 years later at a sold out concert! 
Brandi is an incredible pianist! This was the beginning of her cover for Bohemian Rhapsody (I have to say, they did an AWESOME job!)
They put on such an incredible show! So high energy and fun!
Rockin out!
This is a REAL musician: 
Vocals, songwriting, piano, guitar, percussion, A cappella set, rock, acoustic set, Johnny Cash & Bohemian Rhapsody covers...Brandi Carlile...aka...Wonder Woman!







No comments:

Post a Comment