Thursday, March 22, 2012

Walgreens Finds! Sales, Swatches, and More...

While waiting for my prescriptions at Walgreens today, I had quite a bit of time to kill. So, I decided to check out some of their store items that were on sale. As it turns out, some of their sale items that were buy one get one 50% off, and just so happened to match some of the coupons I had in my purse! (I typically keep coupons in a little compartment of my wallet and take them with me wherever I go, just in case I find the item I'm looking for while I'm out. Today I did! SCORE!!! I pretty much got the Revlon items in the pictures below for free!You can't beat that!!! 


Mini Walgreens Haul (mostly sale items!)

1. Goody QuikStyle brush (It's supposed to help your hair dry more quickly after washing). A bit of background: I have thick, wavy hair that takes at least 30 minutes to blow dry...on a good day! So, if this product can cut down on my hair drying time, I'm all for giving it a try! I've had my eye on one for quite a while now and saw quite a few positive YouTube reviews about it. I will do a review soon after I give it a shot.

2. Sally Hansen's Mega Shine top coat. This is my third bottle of this stuff....enough said! It works ladies! No joke, it dries your polish within 60 seconds. It's also less than half the prices of the higher end brands!

3. EOS lip balm in "Strawberry Parfait". I finished off my "sweet mint" one a few weeks ago, so I wanted to try another! This sucker was on sale too, so it was the perfect time to try it!

4. Burt's Bees Mango Lip Balm. This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've bought one of these. It's one of my absolute favorite lip balms, hands down! This was also a sale item.

5. Sally Hansen's Nail Effects "Not a Peep". This one wasn't on sale, but if you know me well, you know that I absolutely adore birds. I couldn't resist this!!! How stinkin' cute!


6. Essie Nail Polishes: Navigate Her, Blanc, and Luxe Effect's Pure Peartfection top coat. I JUST painted my nails this morning, so didn't want to mess them up by doing swatches. (I will do better swatches of these colors on another day, but for now I thought this would work! I love them so far though!)

(Left to right: "Navigate Her", "Blanc", "Pure Peartfection"




7. Revlon Lip Butters and Colorburst Gloss (All of these were buy one get one 50% off...that in combination with the manufacturer's coupons I had in my purse meant I practically got these for free! Love it! 
(Swatches below)

Left to Right: Revlon Lip Butters in: "Tutti Fruitti", "Lollipop", "Cherry Tart", and on the far right: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss: "Orchid"

Another view of them. Top to bottom: "Tutti Fruitti", "Lollipop", "Cherry Tart", "Orchid"

(I have quite a few of the Revlon Lip Butters and glosses. I absolutely can't rave enough about them. They are fantastic!They are smooth, pigmented, and come in quite a variety of colors. Most of the colors are quite buildable too, so you can make your lip color as sheer or as pigmented as you'd like! So far, I've been able to get them dirt cheap as well thanks to BOGO sales and manufacturer's coupons. If you love pampering your lips, you should really check these little gems out! I will do another blog post soon with swatches of all the colors that I own so that you all can see the different shades! Definitely keep an eye open for coupons on these products!)

~Another beauty savings tip: If you shop at Ulta and have a free membership card, you will get a mailing to your home every few weeks with a coupon usually for 20% or $3 or so off your next purchase. Ulta also sells store brands like Revlon and constantly has BOGO sales. They also take manufacturer's coupons from Revlon that you can usually find in weekly coupon inserts. Do you see where I'm going with this, my lovelies? You can pretty much get these fantastic items for free if you are smart about your shopping! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment