Thursday, July 26, 2012

Early Birthday Present

(In my desperation, I could actually relate to this individual...lol)




Today, I received the best early birthday present a Memphis girl could ever ask for: A working air conditioning unit in my car again! Yay! After months of going without any air in my car (keep in mind that I have a heart condition, and I'm also COMPLETELY heat intolerant about 75 degrees), my sweet dad and his quirky friend fixed my car tonight.


 Yay!!!  YAY!!! YAY!!!


(Love having a retired mechanic in the family!)


I'm not really sure how I've survived this long in the Memphis heat without AC in my car, but it's so nice to have it working again! I know the dogs will appreciate the AC too, since I take them just about every place I go, and they're in the car a good 5-6 days a week with me. I've been coping sans AC by placing lots of ice packs all over me in the car every time I leave the house to try and stay cool. Ice packs, rolling down the windows, and sipping ice water helped- but still didn't save me from turning into a melty mess every time I'd finally reach my destination. It really is the little things in life that you appreciate the most! I am definitely thrilled to have a working air conditioner in my car again....best early birthday present, EVER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment