Wednesday, April 11, 2012

(original) Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era

This is such a beautiful story, I had to share it with all of you! It really just goes to show how much of a positive impact music can play in the lives of others. When my therapy dog Ranger and I worked with our old therapy group, we used to visit a wonderful adult daycare that specialized in Alzheimer's/Dementia patient care. (Once Ranger is feeling better and off of medical leave, we will be visiting in similar facilities with our new therapy group, so we are looking forward to that!). Every time I brought Ranger in for a visit, I would see expressionless, unresponsive clients start to liven up, interact, and recall fond memories of the dogs that they used to own. Those simple interactions made such a huge impact! Henry's story below shows  how music can have a similar, incredible impact! His story really made me smile when I saw it; I hope it puts a smile on your face too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment