Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RIP Davy Jones and Jan Berenstain: We lost two incredible people this week!



Growing up, I absolutely loved reading the Berenstain Bear books! I had most of them and would read them over, and over again.  Those books taught me many valuable life lessons; I even loved watching the movies and TV series that went along with the books. As I've grown older and now participate in READ therapy visits with my therapy dog, I've also seen another generation of little ones that have grown to adore the Berenstain Bear books as much as I do. I was very sad to find out that the amazing co-author of those books has passed away. Jan Berenstain was an incredible lady and her books were loved by countless people the world over. She will be missed!







In addition to loving books when I was younger, I also grew up with an insatiable appetite for music! I listed to a bit of everything! Rock, Opera, Oldies, Country, Classical...you name it, I liked it! I even started out my college career as a music major, so needless to say, I was sad to learn today of Davy Jones' death. He was the front-man for the Monkees and a very talented musician! He too will be missed! 

My favorite song the Monkees sang was, "Daydream Believer"

I love that even as he aged a bit, he still had a blast preforming this song live! That's a true musician's heart! RIP Davy!

No comments:

Post a Comment