Wednesday, February 8, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things!



1.Turbie Twist hair towels :They are 1,000x easier to use than regular towels, dry your hair more quickly which results in less of a need to damage your hair with heating tools, and they hold up forever! (I still have the original two I purchased over 5 years ago! The lady that I used to Nanny for told me about them ages ago, and I've been hooked ever since!) I will say, there is a significant difference between the Turbie Twist brand and the knock offs you see at places like Dollar Tree (which do not work and attract lint like crazy). Invest a few bucks and buy the real thing! I got mine from Bed Bath and Beyond. Target, Sally's, CVS, and lots of other places sell them also.



2. PURR- perfume by Katie Perry. I honestly have never recieved more perfume- related comments than I have in the past week! I recently purchased Katie Perry's "Purr" perfume on a whim while I was at Target. I was looking for something similar to my favorite night time scent that I am currently out of (Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir: everyone was sold out the last time I went to the mall. ) The price and the quantity looked good, so I decided to give "Purr" a try. (I sprayed a little bit of the sampler on my wrist and walked around Target to do my shopping for a while; when I noticed how well the perfume worked with my body chemistry, I decided on purchasing it!) I couldn't be happier! I jest not, in the past two weeks that I've been wearing this, I have recieved ten, yes ten compliments from different people! Crazy! This perfume is a winner in my book; it has a lasting scent, it rivals my favorite night-time perfume (and I'm VERY picky), it has very pleasant floral and sensual notes to it, an adorable bottle, and the price per ounce is a steal! You can purchase this at most drugstores, Targets, and department stores. (In a side note, Katie Perry has recently launched a new fragrance called, "Meow". I will have to sample it in stores and report back; if it's half as good as Purr, it will merit my vote!) 




3.Con-Air Pro Hair Clips: I love to use hot curlers on my hair once in a while. I have naturally wavy hair, but sometimes I like to take it up a notch! I've found that it really makes a difference what type of clips you use when you use hot curlers. (A lot of clips leave unsightly dents in your hair...eek!). With these clips, you negate those dents because they wrap around your hair and the groves in them allow your hair to fit through without leaving a mark, if that makes sense! These clips are fantastic! I bought mine at Sally's beauty. (I had a $5 coupon from my membership, so since they were origionally priced at $6, I only paid $1 for them...yay!) 





4. Maybelline Baby Lips "Cherry Me"- Not only does this lip balm taste great, it leaves your lips soft and moisturized. It is non-sticky and it leaves a gorgeous cherry scent on your lips that tastes as good as it smells! You can find them at any drugstore or Ulta!




5. Fit & Active Mixed Berry Pomegranate Nonfat Smoothies (Buy them at Aldi. They are only a few dollars for a 4 pack!). I like to shop at Aldi on occassion. They're a discounted food chain that offers great prices on a lot of items. (I like to get some canned/pantry items for there and get my produce from places like Kroger.) One of my favorite Aldi items is their inexpensive smoothies. I typically make my own fruit smoothies at home on a regular basis, but sometimes I just do not have time to drag out the blender when I need to get ready in a hurry. That's when these little gems come in and work as an excellent substitute for my homemade ones! They taste delicious and are low fat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment